Black ICE™ Dry Graphite Lubricant
A unique formulation combining a special solvent cleaner with a friction reducing mineral that first cleans the surface, and then deposits a layer of pure, lubricous graphite powder. Works great on mechanical components requiring dry lubrication. Unlike competitive products available on the market which leave a wet, sticky film that will attract dirt and grime and are affected by temperature, Black Ice™ has been engineered to deliver graphite powder where it is specifically needed.
- Proprietary binder system, leaves a thin coating of dry graphite powder
- Effective in temperature extremes, will not change consistency, or become gummy and sticky like some wet lubricants or greases
- Microcrystalline structure molecularly bonds with metal pores to provide long-lasting lubrication, even after the surface coating is no longer visible
- Chemically inert coating allowing operation in challenging operating environments
- Thermally conductive to dissipate heat and cool weapons faster
- Prevents binding and galling
- Straw applicator focuses concentrated blasts
- Ideal for personal or crew serviced weapon systems
|Physical properties||Typical Range|
|Fluid Consistency||Thin, Aerosol|
|Measured Viscosity (centipoises)||< 500|
|Bulk Density (lb/gallon)||8.5 - 9.5|
|Dry Time (tack-free) hrs (min)||2-8 @ 70°F (21°C)|
|Dry Time (complete) hrs (min)||10-15 @ 70°F (21°C)|
|Average Application Coverage (ft²/can)||Varies|
|Effective Temperature Range (min)||-75°F (-59°C)|
|Effective Temperature Range (max)||450°F (232°C)|
Ambient Temperature Range
|50 - 100°F
(10 - 38°C)
|Shelf Life under original seal||Unlimited under original seal|
Thoroughly mix and agitate can prior to use: It is important the can be properly agitated for 1-2 minutes with the mixing balls inside rattling. This makes sure the optimal coating is produced when sprayed.
Insert attached spraying stray to nozzle prior to use. Attach the straw to the nozzle to allow for directed, powerful spraying to the desired location. This allows graphite to be placed right where it is needed.
Prepare your surface. Remove any loose debris, mud, loose paint, rust or grit as best as possible with compressed air or small brush.
Apply in a well-ventilated area. Apply material as you would any typical spray paint application. Apply with even strokes, not allowing the product to build up. It is important to have a well-ventilated area when spraying.
Keep away from open flames, sparks. When applying, make sure that it is in a well-ventilated area, away from open flames, sparks and other sources of ignition.
When finished, turn can upside down and spray for a few seconds. This will clean out the straw and nozzle to prevent clogging.
Application of this product to very hot (>200°F/93°C) or cold surfaces (<32°F/0°C) is not recommended, as this can affect the bonding performance of the product as it dries. When dry, the dry film coating will not be affected by temperature extremes.
Keep away from open flames, sparks. Apply and use only in a well-ventilated area. This product has a very low flash point and will ignite at higher temperatures, keep away from open flames or other sources of ignition when in use or being stored.
Wipe over sprayed surfaces with rag. If over spray of the material occurs, wipe excess coating with a rag or similar material. A small amount of pain thinner or VM&P Naphtha on the material will make the process easier. Be aware that some solvents may cause damage to other coatings and paints.
- Do not use on aluminum weapon firing mechanisms and components.
- Coated surfaces should be allowed to dry completely prior to use.
- Bonding agents and graphite will begin to oxidize at temperatures above 450°F (232°C), and this coating is not recommended for high temperature applications.
- Do not use any grease, oil, or other petroleum product on top of this coating, as it may deteriorate the effectiveness of the graphite.
- Keep away from electrical contacts and sensitive electrical equipment as the graphite powder may cause a short-circuiting effect.
- Keep away from light colored clothing and fabric.
Storage and Handling Information
- Store away from excessive heat and keep in original packaging.
- Material is black, or silver-gray in some instances, and these color variations are normal.
- Keep away from light colored clothing.
- Graphite is electrically conductive and may lead to electrical shorts and damage.
- Please be careful working with this product around electricity or sensitive electrical equipment.
Please consult the MSDS for additional information on disposal of unused materials, and safe handling practices.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Shipping/Freight Information & Restrictions:
When shipping via Ground Transportation:
|All Packaging: Consumer Commodity, ORM-D (No flammable label needed) (Box must be marked "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D")|
When shipping via Ocean Freight:
|All Packaging: Aerosol (No flammable label needed) Class 2 No Pkg. Group UN1950. Box must be marked "Aerosol, UN1950" (Cover "Consumer Commodity ORM-D" on pre-printed box)|
When shipping via Air Freight:
|All Packaging: Hazardous. Aerosols, flammable (Class 2 Flammable Gas label) Class 2.1 No Pkg. Group UN1950 Box must be marked "Aerosol, flammable, UN1950, LTD. QTY." (Cover "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D" on pre-printed box)||