MowerGUARD™ Dry Graphite Lubricant
This product is designed specifically for lawn maintenance equipment using SLIP Plate® dry film graphite technology. This Superior Solution produces a slick and durable barrier on the lawnmower deck that reduces sliding friction and significantly reduces grass-clipping build-up that can lead to premature wear. As a part of a regular maintenance schedule this product will extend the life of equipment and help reduce maintenance costs, saving time and money.
MowerGUARD™ Starter Paks include one 7-oz can of MowerGUARD™, a wire cup-brush, and instructions to prepare your home mower. Additional cans may be necessary for larger mower decks.
NEW! Larger 12-oz cans of MowerGUARD™ handle those larger mower deck applications. As part of your regular maintenance schedule, keep a can of MowerGUARD™ on your shelf to touch up your mower deck.
- Creates a smooth even surface
- Easy to apply, sprayable formulation for large areas
- Fast drying; tack-free in less than 15 minutes at room temperature
- Engineered with unique dry film graphite technology
- Creates a slick, non-stick surface, ideal for build-up areas
- Reduces mechanical wear and can extend operating life of products
- Will not attract or trap dirt, dust or grit
- Graphite is a natural, environmentally friendly mineral lubricant
- Molecularly bonds graphite to the metal surface
- Saves time and money by reducing corrosion build up and clogged mowers
|Physical properties||Typical Range|
|Measured Viscosity (centipoises)||< 500|
|Bulk Density (lb/gallon)||8.5 - 9.5|
|Dry Time (tack-free) hrs (min)||30-45 @ 70°F (21°C)|
|Dry Time (complete) hrs (min)||90-120 @ 70°F (21°C)|
|Average Application Coverage (ft²/can)||Varies depending on use 6oz = Up to 24 mower deck|
|Effective Temperature Range (min)||32°F (0°C)|
|Effective Temperature Range (max)||200°F (93°C)|
Ambient Temperature Range
|50 - 100°F
(10 - 38°C)
|Suggested Dilution Ratio||Not Recommended - Ready For Use|
|Suggested Dilutant/Cleaner||Mineral Spirits or VM&P Naphtha|
|Shelf Life under original seal||Unlimited under original seal|
Thoroughly mix and agitate can prior to use: It is important properly mix/agitate the coating for 1-2 minutes with the mixing balls inside rattling.
This will insure the optimal coating is produced when applied.
Prepare your surface. The most important part of the coating process is proper surface preparation. Remove any loose debris, mud, loose paint, rust or grit by high pressure water cleaning and/or use of a grinding or wire brush (included in the Starter Pak, Item No. 34001). Remove any residual lubricants with a solvent such as aerosol brake cleaner. To increase bonding, scour smooth surfaces lightly with an abrasive pad or wire brush, this is critical on new mowers.
Do not apply to a very cold surface. When applying, the surface should be above 50°F (10°C) to allow the coating proper time to dry and bond to the metal. If applied to a very cold surface (<50°F/10°C), the coating will not bond properly and the performance will be significantly reduced.
Apply in a well-ventilated area, 6-12 (152-305 mm) from the surface. Apply material as you would any typical spray paint application with even strokes, not allowing the product to build up. It is important to have a well-ventilated area when spraying. It is recommended that the user wear a paint mask when applying.
Allow sufficient drying time prior to using the coated material. Material will be tack free in 15-30 minutes at 72ºF/22ºC. In cooler weather allow for more time. Material is tack free dry when the surface s touched, and there is no transfer of the wet coating. For extreme wear applications, the application of an additional coat can improve performance. Prior to application of the additional coat, the first cost must properly dry and cure for at least 24 hours. After applying the additional coat, allow the surface to dry at least 48 hours prior to use.
Application of this product to very hot (>200°F/93°C) or cold surfaces (<50°F/10°C) is not recommended, as this can affect the bonding performance of the product as it dries. When dry, the dry film coating will not be affected by temperature extremes.
Keep away from open flames, sparks. Apply and use only in a well-ventilated area. This product has a very low flash point and will ignite at higher temperatures, keep away from open flames or other sources of ignition when in use or being stored.
Clean up material with paint thinner or VM&P Naphtha, quickly. Material once dry will be very difficult to remove from painting equipment. If removal is required after coating has dried, use paint thinner, VM&P Naphtha or similar solvent-based cleaner is advised. Note: these chemicals may damage underlying painted surfaces, use with caution.
- Not recommended for use on new lawn mowers with enamel and powdered coated surfaces as it will limit the bonding strength of the coating
- Coated surfaces should be allowed to dry completely prior to use.
- Bonding agents and graphite will begin to oxidize at temperatures above 450°F (232°C), and this coating is not recommended for high temperature applications.
- Do not use any grease, oil, or other petroleum product on top of this coating, as it may deteriorate the effectiveness of the graphite.
- Keep away from electrical contacts and sensitive electrical equipment as the graphite powder may cause a short-circuiting effect.
- Keep away from light colored clothing and fabric.
Storage and Handling Information
- Store away from excessive heat and keep in original packaging.
- Material is black, or silver-gray in some instances, and these color variations are normal.
- Keep away from light colored clothing.
- Graphite is electrically conductive and may lead to electrical shorts and damage.
- Please be careful working with this product around electricity or sensitive electrical equipment.
Please consult the MSDS for additional information on disposal of unused materials, and safe handling practices.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Shipping/Freight Information & Restrictions:
When shipping via Ground Transportation:
|All Packaging: Consumer Commodity, ORM-D (No flammable label needed) (Box must be marked "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D")|
When shipping via Ocean Freight:
|All Packaging: Aerosol (No flammable label needed) Class 2 No Pkg. Group UN1950. Box must be marked "Aerosol, UN1950" (Cover "Consumer Commodity ORM-D" on pre-printed box)|
When shipping via Air Freight:
|All Packaging: Hazardous. Aerosols, flammable (Class 2 Flammable Gas label) Class 2.1 No Pkg. Group UN1950 Box must be marked "Aerosol, flammable, UN1950, LTD. QTY." (Cover "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D" on pre-printed box)||