SLIP Plate® Aerosol
SLIP Plate® Aerosol is the original, convenient to use, dry-film graphite lubricant. This superior product produces a very slick barrier between metal surfaces that reduces sliding friction and build-up to help reduce corrosion. The coating is naturally hydrophobic and repels rain, snow, and mud that can cause materials to stick to surfaces.
Works great on metal, wood and most polymer surfaces. Use SLIP Plate® Aerosol as a part of a regular maintenance schedule, to extend the life of equipment, help reduce maintenance costs, and productivity losses.
- Creates a smooth even surface
- Easy to apply, sprayable formulation for large areas
- Fast drying; tack-free in less than 15 minutes at room temperature
- Engineered with unique dry film graphite technology
- Creates a slick, non-stick surface, ideal for build-up areas
- Reduces mechanical wear and can extend operating life of products
- Lubricates in extreme environments
- Will not attract or trap dirt, dust, or grit
- Graphite is a natural, environmentally friendly mineral lubricant
- Molecularly bonds to the metal surface
|Physical properties||Typical Range|
|Measured Viscosity (centipoises)||< 500|
|Dry Time (tack-free) hrs (min)||15-30 @ 70°F (21.1°C)|
|Dry Time (complete) hrs (min)||60-90 @ 70°F (21.1°C)|
|Average Application Coverage (ft²/can)||15-20|
|Effective Temperature Range (min)||-75°F (-59°C)|
|Effective Temperature Range (max)||450°F (232°C) Continuous
800°F (426.7°C) Intermittent
Ambient Temperature Range
|50 - 100°F
(10 - 37.8°C)
|Suggested Dilution Ratio||Not Recommended - Ready For Use|
|Suggested Dilutant/Cleaner||Mineral Spirits or VM&P Naphtha|
|Shelf Life under original seal||Unlimited under original seal|
Thoroughly mix and agitate can prior to use: It is important the can be properly agitated for 1-2 minutes with the mixing balls inside rattling. Make a test spray on a test surface to ensure that the coating is consistent when sprayed.
Prepare your surface. The most important part of the coating process is proper surface preparation. Remove any loose debris, mud, loose paint, rust or grit by high pressure water cleaning and/or use of a grinding or wire brush. If there are any residual petroleum or grease lubricants from previous applications, remove with a solvent such as aerosol brake cleaner.
Apply in a well-ventilated area. Apply material as you would any typical spray paint application. Apply with even strokes, not allowing the product to build up. It is important to have a well-ventilated area when spraying.
Allow coated surface to dry a minimum of 60-90 minutes between coats. For extreme wear applications, use SLIP Plate® No. 1 and use SLIP Plate® Aerosol to finish. Allow SLIP Plate® No. 1 to dry for 24 hrs before applying SLIP Plate® Aerosol.
Product may dissolve on some polymer surfaces. If possible, test the product on a small area for compatibility prior to use on the entire surface.
Surface temperature should be 32-100°F (0-37.8°C). Application of this product to very hot (> 200°F) or cold surfaces (< 20°F) is not recommended, as this will affect the bonding performance of the product.
Keep away from open flames, sparks. When applying, make sure it is in a well-ventilated area, away from open flames, sparks and other sources of ignition.
Clean up material with paint thinner, VM&P Naphtha or any other solvent. Material once dried will be very difficult to clean from the surface of any painting equipment. If removal is required after dried, use of paint thinner, VM&P Naphtha or similar solvent-based cleaner is advised. Note these chemicals may damage underlying painted surfaces.
- Coated surfaces must be allowed to thoroughly dry prior to use.
- Do not use any grease, oil, or other petroleum product on top of this coating, as it will deteriorate the effectiveness of the graphite
- Recommended application temperature between 50°F and 100°F.
- Bonding agents will oxide at temperatures above 450°F (232°C) for continuous use. Intermittent usage is acceptable at 800°F.
- Due to the solvents in the formulation, product may not adhere on some polymer surfaces.
Storage and Handling Information
- DO NOT FREEZE. Product must be stored above 32°F. Product may not spray at low temperatures.
- Store away from excessive heat and keep in original packaging.
- Material is black, or silver-gray in some instances, and these color variations are normal.
- Keep away from light colored clothing.
- Graphite is electrically conductive and may lead to electrical shorts and damage.
- Please be careful working with this product around electricity or sensitive electrical equipment.
Please consult the MSDS for additional information on disposal of unused materials, and safe handling practices.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Shipping/Freight Information & Restrictions:
When shipping via Ground Transportation:
|All Packaging: Consumer Commodity, ORM-D (No flammable label needed) (Box must be marked "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D")|
When shipping via Ocean Freight:
|All Packaging: Aerosol (No flammable label needed) Class 2 No Pkg. Group UN1950 Box must be marked "Aerosol, UN1950" (Cover "Consumer Commodity ORM-D" on preprinted box)|
When shipping via Air Freight:
|All Packaging: Aerosols, flammable (Class 2 Flammable Gas label) Class 2.1 No Pkg. Group UN1950 Box must be marked "Aerosol, flammable, UN1950, LTD. QTY." (Cover "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D" on pre-printed box)||