SLIP Plate® Chain & Cable
Typical lubricants are only able to lubricate the outside surfaces- Chain & Cable is able to penetrate deep within chain linkages and pins with long lasting graphite particles. Concentrated delivery of the lubricant directly to the area reduces overspray and saves money on maintenance costs. This combination of a solid and wet lubricant produces a friction-reducing layer that lasts longer, protecting better than traditional petroleum wet-film lubricants that only coat the outermost surface and evaporate over time.
- Colloidal graphite penetrates deeply to lubricate all chain & cable parts
- Reduces mechanical wear and can extend operating life of products
- Thermally purified graphite powder eliminating natural friction causing contaminants
- Continues to lubricate even when carrier has evaporated
- Reduces noise, vibrations and cable sticking
- Reduces wear of pulleys and gears
|Physical properties||Typical Range|
|Carrier||Premium Penetrating Oil|
|Color||Dark Grey, Black|
|Fluid Consistency||Very Thin|
|Measured Viscosity (centipoises)||< 500|
|Dry Time (tack-free) hrs (min)||15-30 @ 70°F (21.1°C)|
|Dry Time (complete) hrs (min)||60-90 @ 70°F (21.1°C)|
|Average Application Coverage (ft²/can)||Varies|
|Effective Temperature Range (min)||32°F (0°C)|
|Effective Temperature Range (max)||150°F (66°C)|
Ambient Temperature Range
|50 - 100°F
(10 - 38°C)
|Shelf Life under original seal||Unlimited under original seal|
Thoroughly mix and agitate can prior to use. It is important the can be properly agitated for 1-2 minutes with the mixing balls inside rattling. This makes sure the optimal coating is produced when sprayed.
Prepare your surface. The most important part of the coating process is proper surface preparation. Remove any loose debris, mud, loose paint, rust or grit by high pressure water cleaning and/or use of a grinding or wire brush. Remove any residual petroleum or grease lubricants with a solvent such as aerosol brake cleaner.
Attach applicator straw. To provide the lubricant directly to the desired surface and to reduce over spray, use the attached applicator straw by carefully inserting it into the nozzle. Remember to point the nozzle away from yourself and other surfaces as material may evacuate from the can when inserting the straw.
Apply in a well-ventilated area. Apply material as you would any typical spray paint application. Apply with even strokes, not allowing the product to build up. It is important to have a well-ventilated area when spraying. Do not overspray. Excessive application of the material on cables and chains may cause the product to run and drip on other surfaces. Apply only use as much as need to evenly coat the chain. The penetrating oil will pull the graphite particles into the chain and cable through a natural wicking action. Surface temperature should be 32-100°F (0-38°C). Application of this product to very hot (>200°F/93°C) or cold surfaces (<20°F/-7°C) is not recommended, as this will affect the bonding performance of the product. Keep away from open flames, sparks. When applying, make sure it is in a well-ventilated area, away from open flames, sparks and other sources of ignition. Consult the SDS for addition safety information.
Removal from surfaces. Material can be removed easily using a solvent spray, such as brake cleaner.
Clean up material with paint thinner, VM&P Naphtha or any other solvent. If removal is required after coating has been applied, use of paint thinner, VM&P Naphtha, brake cleaner or similar solvent-based cleaner is advised. Note, these chemicals may damage underlying painted surfaces, so be careful when using them
- Material does remain wet for a while and may drip if over sprayed or allowed to build up
- Do not use any grease, oil, or other petroleum product on top of this coating, as it will deteriorate the effectiveness of the graphite
- Do not apply in very cold conditions (<10°F / 12°C) as the material may have a hard time evacuating the can properly
- Bonding agents and graphite will begin to oxidize at temperatures above 450°F (232°C)
Storage and Handling Information
- Store away from excessive heat and keep in original packaging.
- Material is black, or silver-gray in some instances, and these color variations are normal.
- Keep away from light colored clothing.
- Graphite is electrically conductive and may lead to electrical shorts and damage.
- Please be careful working with this product around electricity or sensitive electrical equipment.
Please consult the MSDS for additional information on disposal of unused materials, and safe handling practices.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Shipping/Freight Information & Restrictions:
When shipping via Ground Transportation:
|All Packaging: Consumer Commodity, ORM-D (No flammable label needed) (Box must be marked "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D")|
When shipping via Ocean Freight:
|All Packaging: Aerosol (No flammable label needed) Class 2 No Pkg. Group UN1950. Box must be marked "Aerosol, UN1950" (Cover "Consumer Commodity ORM-D" on pre-printed box)|
When shipping via Air Freight:
|All Packaging: Aerosols, flammable (Class 2 Flammable Gas label) Class 2.1 No Pkg. Group UN1950 Box must be marked "Aerosol, flammable, UN1950, LTD. QTY." (Cover "Consumer Commodity, ORM-D" on pre-printed box)||